Another Timber Scout, End the Madness Please!

Open forum for rifles.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Another Timber Scout, End the Madness Please!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I took the Win M94 Timber Scout 44 Mag out for initial sight in with my TLC432-275-RF. Wow, same as the 30-30 Win. Very accurate and a cast bullet lover! No problem with getting it zeroed in at 100 yards!

It has a .423" bore and .429" groove, take a look at the rifling. It has a Micro-Groove barrel! 12 shallow grooves, .006", equally spaced with the lands.

Anyway, this rifle shoots great! I had some rounds made up for my Ruger 77/44 using H110, never could get that rifle to shoot anything, but the Winchester had no problem with them. I even used the 77/44's target which I had disgustedly left out on the 100-yard berm over a month ago. I just taped over all the old holes, the yellow tape, and rotated it on is side and shot three shots. 1.564" group (1.494 MOA). The 13 shot string for the Labradar ran 1857 FPS with a 6.2 FPS SD and 20 FPS SD.

Ended up shooting the rifle 21 times but all the chronograph at steel. This rifle and bullet combo with deliver a pounding. I felt it later in the day!

Now, I need to find a hog!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Ranch Dog wrote:I took the Win M94 Timber Scout 44 Mag out for initial sight in with my TLC432-275-RF. Wow, same as the 30-30 Win. Very accurate and a cast bullet lover! No problem with getting it zeroed in at 100 yards!

It has a .423" bore and .429" groove, take a look at the rifling. It has a Micro-Groove barrel! 12 shallow grooves, .006", equally spaced with the lands.

Anyway, this rifle shoots great! I had some rounds made up for my Ruger 77/44 using H110, never could get that rifle to shoot anything, but the Winchester had no problem with them. I even used the 77/44's target which I had disgustedly left out on the 100-yard berm over a month ago. I just taped over all the old holes, the yellow tape, and rotated it on is side and shot three shots. 1.564" group (1.494 MOA). The 13 shot string for the Labradar ran 1857 FPS with a 6.2 FPS SD and 20 FPS SD.

Ended up shooting the rifle 21 times but all the chronograph at steel. This rifle and bullet combo with deliver a pounding. I felt it later in the day!

Now, I need to find a hog!
Michael, now you made me feel sorry for that Ruger 77/44! That is sad, that it just won't group like your "new" lever action Winnie!
Liking your many projects, RD. Keeps me reading - and learning - and thinking up the possibilities!

be well
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Awesome
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”