01/17 - Reloading Benches

Something been on your mind that you have always wanted to ask and google is no help. Ask it here!

01/17 - Reloading Benches

Postby daboone » 07 Jan 2017 07

How do you use and organize your bench? Strictly for reloading or other projects? Do you have a separate bench(s) for casting, gunsmithing, non gun project? I think available space is the most "pressing" ;) problem for most of us.

I have 2 benches strictly for reloading jobs. One bench for gun maintenance, gunsmithing, knife sharpening/making and assisting in the grandkids with pinewood derby building. Over each bench I use pegboard to store tools. 2 of my benches have drawers, thank the gods. There is never enough space for brass and lead storage so they reside under the eves of my home on shelves in sealed containers. Not the best solution but necessary.

I also have a separate portable bench for outside jobs and has multiple uses, bench sander, drill press, bandsaw and bullet casting. I need to build a shed but it live under a tarp. It's tools have hiding places around the house. I'm a bachelor, widow, ornery old cuss so I can get away with it.

So How do you manage your hobby/passions ?
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
daboone
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Interested in this topic?

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to Question Of The Month