Shooting Software Tools

Something been on your mind that you have always wanted to ask and google is no help. Ask it here!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Shooting Software Tools

Post by Macd »

The thread on gravity got me pondering the applications we use for helping us to shoot and reload better. I know these have been mentioned piecemeal in various posts in the past but maybe it is worthwhile to devote a post (maybe a sub-section) to this topic. Smart phones and applications for them as well as PC based apps abound. Some of our group have created useful tools, such as RD's VMD database. Many of us use QuickLoad. What ballistic apps do people favour? How about those apps which calculate groups from pictures, diagnose shooting problems, estimate range and record and perform analysis of chronograph data. I have my favourate but I am sure so do others and I would be interested to hear about them.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Shooting Software Tools

Post by RBHarter »

Mac ,
I have Strelok , Range Buddie , and Reloaders Assistant on my phone .
I haven't had a call to use them in the field or on the range but they are useful .

Strelok is a ballistic calculator that let's me shoot to confirm BC for cast and project hold overs where known BCs and MV are known . I needed a tool to help me get to 1000 lbs @100 yd .

Range Buddy is fun but it's not really for me I don't really need a group calculator and I find it gawky to use with my fat fingers .

Reloaders assistant is a cost per round/count calculator and load data library . It is on par with Lymans books I guess . Lots of different powders and bullets it makes a fair reference and powder research tool . It is compiled vendor Internet data .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Shooting Software Tools

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been using all of the TMT software products for well over a decade; it might be pushing two decades:
  • Precision Load Records
    • Maintains a complete reloading and shooting record for each firearm
    • Component & ammunition inventory
    • Chronograph data imported or entered
    • Target score on screen, place target over PC screen and score. I've had several target cam scoring systems, but this is hands down the best for keeping the data with the firearm and reloading records
    • Target analysis. It is not unusual for me to shoot 40 to 80 different evaluation loads for a given firearm. The target analysis feature makes a precise evaluation of all the data for a given firearm, based on the set of criteria you select.
    • Chamber pressure estimator
  • Precision Ballistics
  • Cartridge Box Label Printing
  • Firearms Records
  • G1 Ballistic Coefficient Estimator
  • Cast Boolit Design Ultimate
  • Mold List Database
  • Precsion Alloy Calculator
I can and will create a list of what each software product can do as I did with the first, but I need to get back to work right now.
Michael

Return to “Question Of The Month”