Adjustable Charge Bar and Pro Auto-Disk Fix

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Adjustable Charge Bar and Pro Auto-Disk Fix

Post by 62chevy »

Background:

I had bought the Adjustable Charge Bar for small charges like 2.5 grains of TiteGroup but it was off from 0 grains to 3.0 grains. it just didn't work. It was only 7.95 stuck it in a drawer. When someone talked about it I gave a negative report on it for small charges. Well a guy on CB told me to add some shims to get the holes to line up with each other.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... ost3449596

What I did:

Took the Pro Auto-Disk apart and cleaned in dish soap let dry. Then I look at the situation to how far off the holes were. Well they are quit a bit off, almost closed off so it was time to modify the Charge Bar. I added card stock until I could see the hole through the hopper. Then glued them to the ACB, used a 22 case to clamp the card stock in place to dry before testing.

Testing:

Tested for 2.5 grains of TiteGroup and got 8 - 2.5 charges and 2 - 2.6 charges using the digital scale.

Tested for 4.5 grains of TiteGroup and got 10 out of 10 at 4.5 grains using the Lee Safety Scale. Had new batteries in the digital but it was wondering all over so set the Lee to 4.5 and used it.

Measurements:

.211 with card stock. Neglected to measure before adding card stock.
.114 wall on other end of ACB.
.031 card stock.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Adjustable Charge Bar and Pro Auto-Disk Fix

Post by Ranch Dog »

I see you cardboard shim but I don't understand what "holes" you are talking about.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Adjustable Charge Bar and Pro Auto-Disk Fix

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:I see you cardboard shim but I don't understand what "holes" you are talking about.
The hole in the Adjustable Charge Bar does not line up with the hole in the Pro Auto-Disk's hopper. By adding shims you move the hole to the ACB so it is directly under the hole for the hopper.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”