Bracken's "Enemies Trilogy" free on Kindle Next 3 Days

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Bracken's "Enemies Trilogy" free on Kindle Next 3 Days

Post by buckeye43210 »

Click here for more info.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: Bracken's "Enemies Trilogy" free on Kindle Next 3 Days

Post by Fyodor »

Very interesting offer... but I can't find it, the link shows the standard prices.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

OK, works now... it wasn't 12/01 in the US yet :D

It was even available in amazon.de :o
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

The Kindle version of Caliphate by Tom Kratman is also free on Amazon.

"Slavery is a part of Islam . . . Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam." —Sheikh Saleh Al-Fawzan, author of the religious textbook At-Tawhid ("Monotheism") and senior Saudi cleric.

Demography is destiny. In the 22nd century European deathbed demographics have turned the continent over to the more fertile Moslems. Atheism in Europe has been exterminated. Homosexuals are hanged, stoned or crucified. Such Christians as remain are relegated to dhimmitude, a form of second class citizenship. They are denied arms, denied civil rights, denied a voice, and specially taxed via the Koranic yizya. Their sons are taken as conscripted soldiers while their daughters are subject to the depredations of the continent's new masters.

In that world, Petra, a German girl sold into prostitution as a slave at the age of nine to pay her family's yizya, dreams of escape. Unlike most girls of the day, Petra can read. And in her only real possession, her grandmother's diary, a diary detailing the fall of European civilization, Petra has learned of a magic place across the sea: America.

But it will take more than magic to free Petra and Europe from their bonds; it will take guns, superior technology, and a reborn spirit of freedom.
Link is here.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Just "bought" it... thanks for the link!

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the links guys. Now have four books on by android tablet that should be a great read for my mule deer hunt next week. With it soon to be the longest nights of the year so this should keep me occupied on this solo hunt as long as I can keep the battery up. I should have enough truck time during the day to do that.
Michael
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

1632 (Ring of Fire) is another of my favorites -- also free from Amazon.

"The Ultimate Y2K Glitch....

1632 In the year 1632 in northern Germany a reasonable person might conclude that things couldn't get much worse. There was no food. Disease was rampant. For over a decade religious war had ravaged the land and the people. Catholic and Protestant armies marched and countermarched across the northern plains, laying waste the cities and slaughtering everywhere. In many rural areas population plummeted toward zero. Only the aristocrats remained relatively unscathed; for the peasants, death was a mercy.

2000 Things are going OK in Grantville, West Virginia. The mines are working, the buck are plentiful (it's deer season) and everybody attending the wedding of Mike Stearn's sister (including the entire membership of the local chapter of the United Mine Workers of America, which Mike leads) is having a good time.

THEN, EVERYTHING CHANGED....

When the dust settles, Mike leads a small group of armed miners to find out what's going on. Out past the edge of town Grantville's asphalt road is cut, as with a sword. On the other side, a scene out of Hell; a man nailed to a farmhouse door, his wife and daughter Iying screaming in muck at the center of a ring of attentive men in steel vests. Faced with this, Mike and his friends don't have to ask who to shoot.

At that moment Freedom and Justice, American style, are introduced to the middle of The Thirty Years War.

At the publisher's request, this title is sold without DRM (Digital Rights Management)."
Other formats available from Baen Books.

Return to “Topic Bucket”