Carbide FCD ~ Over & Undersized Dies

Carbide and Steel die sets plus the Carbide, Bottle Neck Pistol Cartridge, and Factory Crimp Dies. Also the Bulge Buster Kit.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Carbide FCD ~ Over & Undersized Dies

Post by RBHarter »

I think the 1 I have is an older 1 . It lacks any set crimp area but has a floating sleeve with it backed out the only action seems to be that of sizing (and not much at that ) .

In all honesty I really never used that die until the last few weeks when I started the Rosschester project.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:In all honesty I really never used that die until the last few weeks when I started the Rosschester project.
The crimping die to use on that "R92" is the rifle (collet) style FCD that Lee now offers for the 357 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt. These dies are listed under the Custom Factory Crimp Die Over-runs but they don't have the latter two in stock. They come and go as they make special runs of them. These are a collet FCD just like that of a 30-30 Win or any other rifle die. They do a great job of the revolver cartridges used in a rifle. When I had my mold business I talked Lee into making them because I wanted an open type collet that I could watch close and open for the crimp. I use them for my carbines chambered in 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 454 Casull, and 480 Ruger. I actually use them for my revolvers chambered in the cartridges as well.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Mike,

I hate to ressurect an old thread, but I may end up needing one of these. Who do you call and talk to at Lee if you're wanting one of these over-size crimp ring FCD's?

Dave
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DaveInGA wrote:Mike,

I hate to ressurect an old thread, but I may end up needing one of these. Who do you call and talk to at Lee if you're wanting one of these over-size crimp ring FCD's?

Dave
Did you look to see if they had them online. If not, tell anyone that answers that you need one.
Michael

Return to “Handgun”