All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Classic turret kit for a n00b

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:
62chevy wrote:There is a threat on here were someone made a three legged rest for his Lee scale so it could be easily adjusted and raise it up for easy viewing.
Not sure why you would need to build in an level adjustment. That is what the "Zero Adjusting Poise" is for.
Safety_Scale_Components.jpg
Mine Safety Scale sits on a fold down shelf and I even took an extra step of outlining where it sits so it is always in the same spot. Since setting it up, I've never needed to adjust it further. I do keep it dust free as well.
That is just the grease monkey coming out that needs thing just so so. :lol:
Je suis Charlie
AmmoDump
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AmmoDump »

Thank y'all for the tips. All I've done so far is unbox to check it all out and start reading. I did order 500 FMJ pulled bullets from Rocky Mtn Reloading for $50. May not start until after deer season.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by DaveInGA »

One thing I'd like to suggest to you. For increased performance:

1. Take a stone/fine sandpaper and polish the rough edges out, including the sharp edges on the worm gear rod. This will help the press run smoother and be more fun to reload on.

2. When you set up your auto advance, do so with an empty turret. Set it so the turret just barely makes it to the next locking detent. If you do this, when you add dies, the extra weight will cause the turret to turn a bit farther and your turret will lock up solidly without overrunning the locking detents when you operate the press faster, allowing you to get a good bit more rounds/hour out of the press with no extra effort on your part.

3. Take your time when setting up the auto prime and powder measure. Make sure the adjustments are right. Ask questions if it doesn't operate as expected so you can tune it to do so. The press will produce more cartridges for you with no further effort if you use all the accessories. But for the accessories to work properly, you'll need to tune and set them up properly. They make about a 100 cartridge an hour difference, sometimes as much as 150 cartridges.
Last edited by DaveInGA on 14 Sep 2018 06:29, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Highlighted Dave's tip in an appropriate color as idea is worth it's weight in gold!

Return to “Turret”