frustration, stuck at home

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: frustration, stuck at home

Post by DaveInGA »

That is just an owner looking for a sucker.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

DaveInGA wrote:That is just an owner looking for a sucker.
No doubt about that and Gun Broker seams to have a bunch guys like that. the MSRP on a Ruger LCP 380 is 269 for the Custom 259 for the standard model but only 2 or 3 had them at that price most were a hundred over.
Je suis Charlie
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

62chevy wrote:
No doubt about that and Gun Broker seams to have a bunch guys like that. the MSRP on a Ruger LCP 380 is 269 for the Custom 259 for the standard model but only 2 or 3 had them at that price most were a hundred over.
I have the pocket pistol that started it all..... Kel-tec 3AT. Probably 1,000+ rounds through it. Still works good. Carry it frequently when I want to be concealed.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Steve wrote:
62chevy wrote:
I have the pocket pistol that started it all..... Kel-tec 3AT. Probably 1,000+ rounds through it. Still works good. Carry it frequently when I want to be concealed.
The new Ruger LCP 380 Custom interested me because the fixed the trigger making it smoother and more consistent.
Je suis Charlie
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

I had the opportunity to pull both apart and work on them in my buddy's gunsmithing shop. (Used to help him quite a lot. I did the polishing and hand fitting. He did the machine work. Together, us two part timers made one helluva full time gunsmith.)

The Ruger is basically an improved version of the Keltec, with Ruger's spin on it. But like the Kel Tec, it does have some manufacturing flaws requiring a fluff and buff. But once that's done, the LCP is a fine pistol for not a lot more money (then.) Not sure about now, I'd probably buy one at a gunshow, where a shop had bought a big order and were discounting them at the show to move them and make a quick profit. Usually get a pretty good deal there if the show is large enough.

That said, I would not hesitate to buy the Kel Tec model either, if I hadn't bought the Ruger. But I suggest tuning or "fluff and buff" are a good idea with either firearm. Great pocket pistols, they are, especially with the right holster, which I have one of. Dang, I was lucky that gun show. Picked the gun up for $200.00, the holster for $45.00 (leather, formed, front pocket, slacks) and I'm out the side door with the whole business in my slacks including a box if Hornady's best home defense ammo for $300.00 that day.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Ranch Dog wrote:Holy Crap! Check out this Marlin 444T. I have a 1972 444T and I just don't see it being a $1,300 rifle even if it is NIB. Here is mine.

The original 444 and "T" are great rifles, not in that price league though, as they used a "lifter" on the carrier that got the long cartridge up and level prior to it sliding into the chamber. Really smooth rifles. They sold for $125. The US Inflation Calculator puts the $125 at $479.
Wow, I really like that rifle, but the man is out of his gourd related to pricing. I love to buy new old stock, but that doesn't make it gold. Too many like new without box floating around these days on the local swap & sell forums to spend that kinda money. The only guy willing to do that deal would be someone who's time is more valuable than the money it would cost him to just buy it. Have to be a Trump kinda guy and he'd just hire Winchester to make a brand new custom one like it and deliver it personally to him.

Return to “Topic Bucket”