9 mm lee loader

The little red box that started it all!
Deleted User 1404

9 mm lee loader

Post by Deleted User 1404 »

Most instruction for lee loaders indicate they should not be used in semi autos.

I love lee loaders, but before ordering one for 9mm, will the ammo function reliably in my semi auto handguns?

please share your experience, if you have used one.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 9 mm lee loader

Post by daboone »

It's because of the full length resizing requirements and maybe the lack of crimp?
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Those notes are in reference to rifle use.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I made several hundred 45 acp with my Lee Loader. The only problem I had was getting the Over All Length right.
Je suis Charlie
Uncle Chan
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Uncle Chan »

I just finished 100 in about an hour. Cycled them through my Beretta 92f. No problem. Shot part of a magaxine. No problem. People have told me that 9mm is difficult with a lee loader. I dont see it. The trick seems to be putting enough champfer on the case mouth. Right amount, no prob. Wrong amount, crooked bullet. I had three failures out if 100.

45ACP next.
Deleted User 1404

Post by Deleted User 1404 »

Uncle Chan wrote:I just finished 100 in about an hour. Cycled them through my Beretta 92f. No problem. Shot part of a magaxine. No problem. People have told me that 9mm is difficult with a lee loader. I dont see it. The trick seems to be putting enough champfer on the case mouth. Right amount, no prob. Wrong amount, crooked bullet. I had three failures out if 100.

45ACP next.
Exactly the type of information I am looking for. What where the 3 failures? Fail to chamber? Failure to fire, eject?
Uncle Chan
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Uncle Chan »

Nope. Failure of me to seat the bullet in the case properly. Started them crooked and they crushed the case. Took some trial and error to get the chamfering done properly. I use an RCBS tool. Five complete turns, medium pressure.

I'm really impressed with this little kit. I did break the decapping pin because I'm an idiot. But ordered a new one and were good again.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

It's refreshing to read good reports on the Lee Loaders. I've always liked mine and started reloading pre-web so I had no contact with the "Lee Haters". I made a lot of good ammo with mine (I still have 4 Lee Loaders and pound out a box of ammo on occasion).

Return to “Lee Loader®”