suppressors in Iowa now legal

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

suppressors in Iowa now legal

Post by Steve »

+guns Suppressors are legal in Iowa now! +guns
I'm going to get one mounted on my Marlin 39A 22lr. I figure it will make a fantastic back yard pest control piece. If I shoot CCI CB in it now it makes little noise, maybe with the silencer I can up the load to 22 short and still be quiet. Should make a great squirrel gun with 22 LR and the suppressor.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: suppressors in Iowa now legal

Post by akuser47 »

I'm still debating on getting one as well, I just have trouble on the whole 200 dollar tax stamp. Also 22 rim fire will start being rare again with new potus elections coming. If I do get something Ill probably register an oil filter adapter to use oil filters so I can change the filter cheaply to accommodate my calibers I wish to hush down. Not as tactical but to me pretty practical. I have a buddy I work with that did this works very well and the adapter just needs engraved once you get approved at most the adapters are 45 to 50 bucks and 3/4 by 16 threaded oil filters come in all kinds of sizes and lengths can be used wet or dry work very well for the cost. watch YouTube videos I know I was shocked first time I shot it on my buddies ar15 in 5.56. I'm just tossing it out there as I'm poor I cannot see 200 for stamp then spending 400 to 1200 bucks on a real silencer.
Keep us posted also if I bought a silencer the sparrow is pretty sweet.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Oil filter adapters are available on eBay titled "solvent trap" in the sporting goods section.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

I would think that the oil filter would change the weight and balance of the gun. I would probably try to get one of the shorter filters.
I don't know if I would even get a stamp if I'm not taking the gun to a range. I would shoot it on private property.
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

There is so many options you just need to look into the filters sizes in the thread you may use. Its the cheapest way to suppress. You can tax stamp the adaptor. I'd be careful on the doing with out the stamp. I get what your saying though. ;)
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Topic Bucket”