My daughter and rifles

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

My daughter and rifles

Post by Steve »

My daughter shoots every hand gun she can get her hands on but has never liked shooting rifles.

Well happy days are here now. She was in to visit today and I showed her my latest acquisition. The Henry Small Game Carbine. She likes it, understood the peep sight immediately talked about how light it is, she shouldered it with a nearly proper hold and she wants to shoot it. I know she will like it and soon she will be shooting all my rifles. Hot Darn!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: My daughter and rifles

Post by 62chevy »

That is something to get happy about and it sounds like she does not like the weight of most rifles.
Je suis Charlie
Steve

Post by Steve »

62chevy wrote:That is something to get happy about and it sounds like she does not like the weight of most rifles.
10-4 on her thinking they are too heavy, but after she sees how fun they are and I have her shoot some of the others from the bench rest, she will forget about weight.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

That is great. I love shooting with my 2 daughters. Simular to yours their favorite is the M1 Carbine but they also will shoot other rifles off the bench. Both of my girl also have taken concealed carry courses, something I've never done.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very good, there is actually a lot to like with the Henry products.
Michael
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very good, there is actually a lot to like with the Henry products.
I haven't found much fault with the Henry rifle. I was going to get a Rossi Lever Gun, but what I have been reading about their warranty, parts, and service turned me away.
I got a feeling I will have to be getting Sheila her own Henry 22 Carbine soon. Weight seems to be her biggest concern recoil second. We all know she will work out of that soon. I will probably get the round barreled version that weighs more than a pound less than mine with the hex barrel, plus I will add the Skinner sights.

Return to “Topic Bucket”