Lee 2017 Wish List

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee 2017 Wish List

Post by Steve »

Ranch Dog wrote:Dang, that seems like a lot of work!
Steve wrote:I had about 300 screwed up 40 S&W that needed pulled. After I broke my last plastic hammer for pulling, I vowed to never buy another and have stuck to it.
It was a lot of work, I make sure I don't screw up a large quantity of lead bullets now. I just throw away small amounts like a fist full. It is really rare that I mess them up anymore.
The last time I used one of those hammers it went like this:

The first round I put in the hammer the head broke off the handle.

It bounced into the fluorescent Light above the bench and broke it.

Then I had the bench to clean up as well as the bullets, plus I had to fix the light. It destroyed more than I ever lost in loaded bad bullets.

I will never use kinetic hammer again. I have a collet type puller for brass jacketed bullets.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

My RCBS hammer has a split collet but requires cap removal each time. I pulled about 500 .38s with it. Wear gloves and use the concrete floor in the garage. I'd pull three before dumping and had a funnel system to catch the bullets letting the powder drain back to its container. I don't know what gadgets I "need" until I see them.
Last edited by GasGuzzler on 19 Aug 2016 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

GasGuzzler wrote:I don't know what gadgets I "need" until I see them.
It's a slippery slope. :twisted: I reloaded for a at least 30 year with my dads Herters press and dies and some of his other stuff. Then I discovered the internet and some reloading sites and, er, well, it been very costly ever since. :shock: OTOH it's been educational and fun and worth it. ;)

I purchased things that I thought I absolutely had to have only to trade or sell later on. Some are for sale on this site, I think.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

daboone wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Then I discovered the internet and some reloading sites and, er, well, it been very costly ever since.
You're soooo right on that :D

And if LEE pumps out some more products, it might get even more costly. I just ordered a LEE bench prime, even if I already have an ergo prime, and only seldomly prime off press anyway. And I might get my hands on one or two of the auto disk powder measures, just to test them out, even if I'm totally happy with my pro auto disks.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:And I might get my hands on one or two of the auto disk powder measures, just to test them out, even if I'm totally happy with my pro auto disks.
What no Auto Disks, I thought everyone had at least one!
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

When I started reloading a few years ago, the pro version was on the market for a few years already, and my pro1000 came with one,too. So I just stayed with that version. Dumping unused powder also is much easier on the pro.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have an auto disc on my rarely used classic turret. It's kinda meh. Limited drops and inconsistent.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

GasGuzzler wrote:I have an auto disc on my rarely used classic turret. It's kinda meh. Limited drops and inconsistent.
What is going on? Don't you like the LCT?

I know there are a few powders the Auto Disk doesn't meter well. Is that the problem or is there another issue with it? I find it to be a GREAT powder measure with the powders I use. In fact over the years I've stopped using certain powders just because I alway got inconsistent metering with them. During that time I found powders that did meter well and performed very well for my requirements.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote: I know there are a few powders the Auto Disk doesn't meter well. Is that the problem or is there another issue with it? I find it to be a GREAT powder measure with the powders I use. In fact over the years I've stopped using certain powders just because I alway got inconsistent metering with them. During that time I found powders that did meter well and performed very well for my requirements.
Same as my story with the Auto Disk.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

My LCT is not at home so I don't use it much. I'm pretty sure it's powder related on inconsistent (up to .3 variance) but the main issue is adjustability of the charges. I don't do enough volume to need the LCT much. Someday when I have more free time it'll be great to have.

I have no issues with its performance vs price. It's a good machine for what it's intended to do.

Return to “Topic Bucket”