My Reloading Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
stanley2
My Press Choice: Turret

My Reloading Bench

Post by stanley2 »

Hi all, I posted my old bench in "member introduction", this is my actual setting for reloading.

I have at the moment one Lee "C" press, one Lee Classic Cast Turret press and the new one Lee Pro1000 in 380

They are mounted to a small table that is very stable and heavy, the "C" and Pro 1000 are mounted on Mike Stewart primer catch bases.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: My Reloading Bench

Post by daboone »

THe only problem with that bench is there is still available unused or uncluttered bench surface. :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Why do most reloaders brag about clutter, mess, and being disorganized? That's really scary to me but it's common.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Because only happymess can be found in all the chaos. +guns. It's how you find your inner peace :lol:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
stanley2

Post by stanley2 »

Forgot to mention that it also doubles as my home office for the days I don't need to go to my real one
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

GasGuzzler wrote:Why do most reloaders brag about clutter, mess, and being disorganized? That's really scary to me but it's common.
It certainly can be scary if allowed to be unchecked. Before I start a project I put away and file the previous project. l then clean the bench top. But during a project like cutting dovetails in barrel of my 1803 Harper's Ferry flintlock build I'd be lucky to see 6square inches of bench top. Same goes for case sizing and prepping days. The time in between projects or during a break it looks like a disaster area.

So for me the sign of a clean bench is a sign of nothing getting done. :P

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I wouldn't be able to stand leaving stuff out after a project. As an automotive technician I have to put everything away. Some of my peers are like some of you reloaders with their tools and they're the ones that lose a lot more stuff. :shock: :lol:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

GasGuzzler wrote:I wouldn't be able to stand leaving stuff out after a project. As an automotive technician I have to put everything away. Some of my peers are like some of you reloaders with their tools and they're the ones that lose a lot more stuff. :shock: :lol:
Well I won't let those guys into my shop! ;) :lol: I really hope you don't think I'm being argumentative. I appreciate and understand the logic of your methods.

As for my "method" I know what is where and where I am on any given project. Different stroke for different folk, but, as said, I certainly can't argue with your method of organization. ;) Mentally and time wise it just doesn't work for me to put everything away in the middle of a project. Again I'm the only one in my shop except for LarryW. Larry has given me a ton of stuff so if he wants something he can have it!

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Just messing with y'all. My boss' desk is always covered with strewn papers but he claims he knows where everything is haha, right.
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

I like the portable press table. I think more people would reload if they saw a setup as convenient and portable as that.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”