Reloading is addicting ~ horseman resists the Load-Master

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Reloading is addicting ~ horseman resists the Load-Master

Post by horseman »

Hello, my name is Horseman and I'm an addict. :( I'm in dire need of sane direction from anyone of you that have been able to "kick" this habit. Just the other day, on this very forum, I was ruminating on my possible intention of discontinuing reloading and casting and selling the last of my reloading tools that I have been accumulating for the past 3 decades. I also mentioned the fact that I now only had one Lee press, that being the Lee Classic Cast SS and that I had sold the last two Loadmaster presses I had. (although I do have a couple other brands :? ) I was feeling pretty proud of my self upon making this decision. +1 Then temptation reared it's ugly head once again. :evil: I saw a new Load Master press setup for 45acp (I don't even OWN a 45acp) for $200.00 shipped. I told myself I didn't need it, just gotten rid of two of them because I wasn't using them and they were just taking up space. :S I was strong in my resolve, determined to stick to my original plan. I think the press will be here next week sometime. +guns I'm a junkie and I need help.... :cry:
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Reloading is addicting ~ horseman resists the Load-Maste

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

I love reloading. I am constantly talking myself out of buying another press. I just started casting recently and love that more than I should too. I am continually finding ways to talk myself out of making ingots, casting bullets or scrounging range scrap. Then I just cave in and do it. So, I am not someone who can help you resolve your issues. I am an enabler. I love reloading and casting.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dude, I saw a 45 Auto Load-Master on Lee's site for that price but someone bought it before I came back to it! I have four of them, including a 45 Auto! Just thought the price crazy good. Yeah, I'm a nut.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:Dude, I saw a 45 Auto Load-Master on Lee's site for that price but someone bought it before I came back to it! I have four of them, including a 45 Auto! Just thought the price crazy good. Yeah, I'm a nut.
Just so you'll not hold anything against me I bought this one on e-bay. It said make offer so I did thinking that with free shipping it wouldn't go through. oops...... :oops:
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Some reloading tools just look so desperate on their little shelves... They just needed a new loving home.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Dude, I saw a 45 Auto Load-Master on Lee's site for that price but someone bought it before I came back to it! I have four of them, including a 45 Auto! Just thought the price crazy good. Yeah, I'm a nut.
Just so you'll not hold anything against me I bought this one on e-bay. It said make offer so I did thinking that with free shipping it wouldn't go through. oops...... :oops:
Never one to hold a grudge! Free shipping too, oh my!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

The Lee 90945 is only $238 on Amazon. I guess $200 is still 16% off. I think I'm buying that Lyman prep station thingie after all. Today is my anniversary and Father's Day is coming up. :-)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:The Lee 90945 is only $238 on Amazon. I guess $200 is still 16% off. I think I'm buying that Lyman prep station thingie after all. Today is my anniversary and Father's Day is coming up. :-)
Congratulations, how long you been married?
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You can use the Lee Case Gauges on the Prep Center with the Lee 90468 threaded cutter. They might have changed it by now, but when I bought mine there was no way to secure the threaded stock in the cutter. It would spin off. I just put a little JB Weld on the threads and let it set.

Slowly, I've replaced the primer pocket beveling and uniforming tools with the RCBS cutters, just posted a bit about that but I really like the Prep Center.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I'm pretty sure the only way to beat this habit involves bereavement leave for the immediate family .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Progressive”