Reloading is addicting ~ horseman resists the Load-Master

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Reloading is addicting ~ horseman resists the Load-Maste

Post by horseman »

RBHarter wrote:I'm pretty sure the only way to beat this habit involves bereavement leave for the immediate family .

While that response makes me chuckle I'm reluctant to go quite that far at this time... :lol:
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

GasGuzzler wrote:The Lee 90945 is only $238 on Amazon. I guess $200 is still 16% off. I think I'm buying that Lyman prep station thingie after all. Today is my anniversary and Father's Day is coming up. :-)

Way ta' go GG, make me feel even worse. Thought I was cuttin' a fat hog and here you go and ruin it for me. :lol: By the way the outfit that I bought this one from still has one left if anyone is interested, it says "make offer" so you could try a lower number than I did.. +corn
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

By the way the outfit that I bought this one from still has one left if anyone is interested, it says "make offer" so you could try a lower number than I did.. +corn
Man, Talk about "enabler" +guns +guns +guns

Face it Horseman, the old saying is correct "Resistance is futile"
Heck, look at me, I even started back on a limited basis.
Although, be it with some extra help & a couple extra steps,
Im Back :):)
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

RB is correct.

RD,
veintiuno anos.

I got started again on my 5.56 brass the old way.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Oooo

Send me the link. I'm buying another stripped lower but I sold a complete so maybe I can get a cheap .45 Loadmaster as an excuse to spend gun money.
Last edited by GasGuzzler on 19 May 2018 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

GasGuzzler wrote:Oooo

Send me the link. I'm buying another stripped lower but I sold a complete so maybe I can get a cheap .45 loadmaster as an excuse to speed gun money.

I just went and checked and It's gone, so see I just saved you some money.....you're welcome :P But......if you're not in a hurry for another one, knowing me as well as I do, you may get a chance on the one I have. Of course that will be AFTER I buy a bunch of "stuff" for it and get it just the way I want it and running real good, then I'll probably sell it. It's just the way I do things :cry: , buy something, spend more to make it "better", then sell it cheap. Pretty sure my wife will have something like that as my epitaph, right below (in great big letters) IDIOT. :lol:
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

horseman wrote: I just went and checked and It's gone, so see I just saved you some money.....you're welcome :P But......if you're not in a hurry for another one, knowing me as well as I do, you may get a chance on the one I have. Of course that will be AFTER I buy a bunch of "stuff" for it and get it just the way I want it and running real good, then I'll probably sell it. It's just the way I do things :cry: , buy something, spend more to make it "better", then sell it cheap. Pretty sure my wife will have something like that as my epitaph, right below (in great big letters) IDIOT. :lol:
I think this is how many of us got a lot of our reloading gear. I know it is in my personal experience. Larry, Horseman and another friend, John, and I have been trading, swapping and "loaning" (with no return required) since we first met. Reloaders are just enablers and worse because reloaders don't let friends not reload. Heck I blame my dad for teaching this enabling behavior.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

daboone wrote:I think this is how many of us got a lot of our reloading gear. I know it is in my personal experience. Larry, Horseman and another friend, John, and I have been trading, swapping and "loaning" (with no return required) since we first met. Reloaders are just enablers and worse because reloaders don't let friends not reload. Heck I blame my dad for teaching this enabling behavior.
My younger brother helped my Dad in getting me hooked.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Reloading for me is what keeps the brain active. Whether it is cleaning brass, researching loads, priming off the press or any of the other activities of this hobby I enjoy it all. I have a confession to make though. When I get that perfect combination for a particular load with the satisfaction comes a tinge of regret since that puzzle is finished. Happily there is an infinite number of others to solve.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Macd wrote:Reloading for me is what keeps the brain active. Whether it is cleaning brass, researching loads, priming off the press or any of the other activities of this hobby I enjoy it all. I have a confession to make though. When I get that perfect combination for a particular load with the satisfaction comes a tinge of regret since that puzzle is finished. Happily there is an infinite number of others to solve.
You pretty much summed up my feeling concerning my addiction. Sometimes, with many firearms, I'm changing things up so much (and enjoying it), that I don't ever have a stock of ammo on hand. It seems the tinkering never ends and I'm trying to at least establish a base, go to load for everything I have.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”