2 Powder Measure Stands

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

2 Powder Measure Stands

Post by daboone »

Having a fetish for bench mounted powder measures thus I own several different types of PMs of which 5 are dialed in and used regularly. I have very little room for storage of easily damaged tools. Also I don't like mounting/dismounting any of them to make room for another. Pictured are 2 solutions I've come up with to solve both of those problems plus adding ease of access.

Flat bar off of a shelf which doesn't need much explanation and a Pedestal Carousel

This one was made of 2 - 1 1/4in pipe flanges and one 10in (or 6"or 4") pipe (each fitting either NPT or NPS threads but do not mismatch) and a 6 or 7in x 1/4in aluminum (or wood or steel) disk. 7/8in holes drilled to accept desired number of PMs This stand picture was made of brass fittings because it's heaver but black pipe could be used. If the stand isn't going to be bolted down the pipe could be filled with lead if more weight is required. I haven't found either method necessary for my stand is quite stable.

The top flange's threads allow carousel motion thus any of the PMs can be swiveled to the forward position. An advantage of pipe threads adjustment ,to locate the PM's position, is rock solid stability. This stand could be bolted to the bench but I've found that unnecessary thus making it easy to moved to some more remote part of the bench when not in use.
Last edited by daboone on 12 Jun 2018 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: 2 Powder Measure Stands

Post by larryw »

Congratulations old buddy, came out good.
I like the move it out of the way feature.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

Excellent stuff! Thanks for sharing. I have a small space and I am always trying to think of ways to use it better.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Nice work.

Somewhere I have a wooden "thing" I built to allow use of a single stage at the kitchen table only requiring it be stabilized with two c-clamps. I made it when I was off work for two weeks following my sphinktoral hernia surgery.....I was supposed to be resting and building something and reloading IS rest compared to work.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

The top plates I recommended above, 6" or 7" depend on the the flange width. Make sure that plate has clearance beyond the edge the flange for the 7/8" holes for mounting the PM. That is necessary for securing the lockrings holding the PM so it doesn't hit the flange. Hope this clarification make sense.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

great idea daboone, thanks for the details!
Michael

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”