new lock ring bushing thingys from lee

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

new lock ring bushing thingys from lee

Post by AlaskanGuy »

this is a screen capture from the new lee catalog.. anybody know anything about these lock rings??? anybody have them? will they be able to work in the classic turret press? perhaps a modification the the turret press disk? i think they are cool, but I love my turret press, and my hand press, and my C press, and my 3 load-all's, and my Mec..my rock chucker... I guess I am trying to say, I surely do not want to divulge into yet another new press design like the app... I see there is some sort of bushing adapter for the C-press....

AG
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
mikld

Re: new lock ring bushing thingys from lee

Post by mikld »

Looking at the catalog description, those are "breech lock" design and unless the press(es) are a breech lock design, they won't work on regular 7/8-14 presses...
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

they do however have spline lock rings my new 450 Bushmaster die set has them on the dies.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

yes, I saw the other new spline lock rings... i know they should work in my Rock chucker single stage, but I was hoping somebody would make a plate or something for my turret... i like the pretty colors... lol +guns
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I seem to recall that Lee had an adapter that you could pull the reducing piece on the RC and turn it into a breech-lock. Or maybe I just dreamed it.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
mikld

Post by mikld »

Jes wondering; what is the thickness of the new spline lock rings? I have a new die set with the "gear cog" and they fit perfectly in my Co-Ax...
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

no idea... never actually seen one in my very own hands.. but am glad to see they did not abandon the O-Ring in the lock ring... i think that made more difference then anything..
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

mikld wrote:Jes wondering; what is the thickness of the new spline lock rings? I have a new die set with the "gear cog" and they fit perfectly in my Co-Ax...
Measure one of them came on my 450 Bushmaster set and got 0.3175.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by buckeye43210 »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I seem to recall that Lee had an adapter that you could pull the reducing piece on the RC and turn it into a breech-lock. Or maybe I just dreamed it.

Make smoke,
The 1 1/4" breech lock adapter is part number 90512.

https://www.titanreloading.com/Lee-1-14 ... update-kit
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

One of those came on my new APP press. I like the concept and that is a nicely done little item EXCEPT....See that little "set" screw, the one that will tighten the split ring portion onto a die. Well Lee cheaped out a bit to much on those, the screw on mine was a bit to long so when trying to tighten it to the universal decapping die it would not get tight enough, of course me being one of the "bigger hammer" types "almost" stripped the head off the screw trying to get it tight. That's the point I actually noticed the mark on the other side of the split ring portion telling me the screw was to long. Removed the screw, shortened it a bit and reinstalled it. It will now tighten down on the die but the head on that dinky little 5000 for a buck screw is pretty much toast. It also takes a very small screwdriver to fit to that screw. Probably for that very reason. For another 2 cents each, it could of been a much better product. I WILL buy a few more but I will check that screw out before trying to tighten it to a die. May be able to find a replacement screw that's a little better version. An allen head if I can match the threads and size.

Return to “Turret”