Hi, new member from Tn

Tell us a bit about yourself!
No Slack
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Hi, new member from Tn

Post by No Slack »

Hi ya'll, I've been reloading since 1978 and started with the LEE Loader. That same year I bought an RCBS Rockchucker reloading kit which I still use. Although I have the Rockchucker the preponderance of my equipment is LEE. I have never had a problem with anything with the LEE name on it so I will continue using their products. Actually I'm a LEE fanatic truth be told. At current count I have 39 LEE Loaders/LEE Improved Loaders (Red & Black box).
222 Rem,223 Rem,22-250 Rem,243 Rem,6mm/244 Rem,25-06,6.5 Rem Mag,6.5 Jap,6.5 Carcano,6.5x55 Swede,270 Win,7mm Mauser,7.65 Mauser,30 Carbine,30/06,308 Win,300 Savage,300 Win Mag,30-30 Win,7.62 Russian,7.7 Jap,303 Brit,32 Win Special,8mm Mauser,35 Rem,375 Win,45-70 Gov't,32 ACP,32 S&W,32 S&WL,380 ACP,38 S&W,38 S&W Spcl,357 Mag,41Mag,44 Spcl,44 Mag,45 Colt,9mm Luger.
I have 10,12,16,20 & 410 LEE shotgun loaders. 4 LEE Loaders in the opaque hinge top plastic box and 1 LEE Zero Error Target Model Loader in 222 Remington.
As far as presses I have 2 LEE Challeger's,1 C frame, 1 Pro 1000,2 Rockchucker and 1 CH C frame.
Of the 59 die sets I have 37 are LEE die sets,15 of the old Lube & boolit sizing kits (the pan lube kits in cardboard box) & 4 of the press mounted push through's. 2 LEE bottom pour & 1 ladle furnaces.( also 2 Lyman 61's).52 2 cavity & 7 6 cavity LEE boolit molds. 13 Lymans,6 RCBS & 1 T/C. I also use the LEE auto prime,universal decapping die,bulge buster,Universal neck expander die,original case length/trimmer gauge(also RCBS and Lyman bench trimmers),Zip trim,perfect powder measure also RCBS Uniflow & 1500
electronic measure/scale. I also have what I consider one of the best tools LEE used to make, the yankee screw driver large & small primer pocket cleaners.I'm sure I missed some of the smaller items LEE has made over the years like the aluminum hand primers with the screw in shell holders and the red plastic ones they had in the LEE improved loader kits. I guess the bottom line is I love LEE products and have and still use items I purchased in the late 1970's. RCBS,Lyman,Hornady & Redding all make fine products but I think they also charge a little to much for what you get.

Other than boolit casting,reloading,shooting,collecting,hunting & studying every facet of boomsticks for the last 42 yrs which is my passion in life I am retired from the Army (Infantry) and retired OTR Truck driver (owner operator).

Anyhow, Hi everyone.

P.S. I forgot the LEE factory crimp dies. They are a great invention and a must have in every caliber I reload.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Hi, new member from Tn

Post by Macd »

welcome. All that Lee experience will be great.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, you got a problem like the rest of us!
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome to the forums .

Sounds like a pretty diverse collection of tools leaning towards varmints . Good to have another caster here .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
No Slack

Post by No Slack »

I really enjoy varmint hunting. We have a lot of yotes around here. For the life of me I never understood why LEE gets such a bad rap with other reloaders. Most of my stuff is original purchase. Some of it going on 50 yrs old. I believe in taking care of my equipment. (I've been told in no uncertain terms that I could pinch a penny so hard that Lincoln cried) Maintenance is everything. FYI I forgot the 2 LEE Load All 2's (12 & 20 ga) and Load All 16 ga. ;) Ha!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

What took so long to find us?

Welcome.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
No Slack

Post by No Slack »

GasGuzzler wrote:What took so long to find us?

Welcome.
I've never been much of a internet guy. It gets in the way of doing "stuff".
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

No Slack wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:What took so long to find us?

Welcome.
I've never been much of a internet guy. It gets in the way of doing "stuff".
Welcome aboard and yes it can get in the way.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Member Introductions”