Not A Lee Press

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Not A Lee Press

Post by killian6pk »

After all of your reply's to my post about reloading and all the time it took. I took your advice (especially Ranch Dog (sent you 2 PM's) and bought a single stage press and the Lee Reloading Manual. I was at Sportsman"s Warehouse Sunday and they had a Lyman Crusher II on closeout for $79.99 (black and silver color) not that ugly orange. It looked like such a bargain that I could not pass it up. Just an aside. I was just on Ebay and the cheapest one on there was $170.00 maybe I should go back and see if they have more at Sportsman"s. If you have used presses taking up space you might want to check Ebay and see what they might be worth.

Anyway the manual ought to be here in a couple of days and I will start reading it before reloading like ya'lls advice said I should. Finally found powder and primers along with more dies and other goodies so I think I am all set. I had to make up the spare bedroom for the UPS guy.

Thanks for all the help and I will start the journey.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Not A Lee Press

Post by klr »

Sounds like you got a great deal on a solid press. :t

Even if you get a few progressives in the future you'll always have a use for a good single stage press.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's a great deal!
Michael
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

When I read the OP I looked on line for the Crusher II. Apparently a solid, quality press with good accessories. Several very good reviews. One site mentioned that Lyman had stopped production but no explanation of why. Perhaps low sales? Regardless, you got a good deal on a quality press that you probably could pass on to your grand kids...
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

mikld wrote:When I read the OP I looked on line for the Crusher II. Apparently a solid, quality press with good accessories. Several very good reviews. One site mentioned that Lyman had stopped production but no explanation of why. Perhaps low sales? Regardless, you got a good deal on a quality press that you probably could pass on to your grand kids...
Lyman came out with a "new" line of presses called Brass Smith. (you more than likely already know that) That's probably the reason for sale prices on the "older" series. That does not mean the "new" series is better. Although the lower price thing hasn't happened with the "older" 6 station T-Mag 2 turret press, it's actually gone UP in price since it's replacement with the Brass Smith 8 station turret press. You can purchase the new 8 station press at a lesser price than the old model. Go figure.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

Thanks guys, I thought this was a good deal considering what used presses are going for on Ebay. It was nearly the same price as a Lee Breech Lock Challenger and cheaper than the Lee Classic Cast which both look to be about the same press as the Lyman.
sonic306090
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by sonic306090 »

Nice deal!
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm
larryw

Post by larryw »

Very nice score, Let the addiction "er, Ah, I mean Affliction?? Well darn, no, I mean, uh??
Well, you'll know what I mean soon enough. :D Congrats, Best of luck. Take care & be safe...
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Single Stage”