AD2302 Hopper Conversion

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
fclxson
My Press Choice: Progressive

AD2302 Hopper Conversion

Post by fclxson »

I have a Lee AutoDisk powder measure AD2302, the old model with the rectangle powder hopper, circa 1986. The screw holes in the hopper are about to wear out and the rectangle hopper has been discontinued. Good news, Lee Precision has offered a discount on the new model AutoDisk #90429. What I would really like to do is use the discount for a drum measure and upgrade the existing body for my old AutoDisk since nothing else is wrong with it. I can't find a diagram of the new AutoDisk with dimensions, so I was wondering if anyone has replaced the hopper on an old AD2302 with the charge bar, valve cover, wiper and hopper from the 90429? Did you encounter any problems or did the holes line up?
Hopper resized.jpg
Loader resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fclxson
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: AD2302 Hopper Conversion

Post by fclxson »

Answered my own question. If anyone else runs into this issue, yes the new valve will fit on the old body. Lee had a refurbished new model of the AutoDisk Powder Measure for about the same price as ordering the parts I would need so there was no risk of failure. The screw holes lined right up. The pictures attached show the old and new models side by side, the old and new bodies side by side, and the new hopper/valve attached to the old body.
Old New Models resized.jpg
Old New Bodies resized.jpg
Rebuild resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”