The Lee Case Length Gauge and Cutter

Case Length Gauge/Holder, Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer, and Zip Trim. Includes Length Gauge ball & stud.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: The Lee Case Length Gauge and Cutter

Post by mr surveyor »

I was trimming some 30-30 brass to reload for my grandson tonight when I noticed the once fired brass wasn't cutting ... but the case mouth was rolling a bit. I chucked five or six of them into the shell holder chucked in the drill before I realized the drill was set on "R" (for rong way?) instead of "F" (for finally figgered out the stupid mistake). I musta been using that drill trying to undrill some holes in something the last time I had it out.

jd

oh, and my 30-30 brass is always a bit shorter than spec, but 100% consistent. Also noticed for the first time tonight that R-P brass is several thou longer than Win brass ... I actually had them separated by case head stamp before trimming. Never paid attention to that before as I usually just dump all the brass into a pile to process, then separate later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:I added a bench as a bunch of people kept telling me that I wasn't a real bullet caster until I was using lube-sizer. I used it for about 30 minutes, took it off my bench and threw it in storage along with all the sizing dies I had bought for it. That was about 33,000 bullets ago! :|

LOL they can be insistent on spending your money on things you don't need. I liked tumble lubing and now powder coating.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:LOL they can be insistent on spending your money on things you don't need. I liked tumble lubing and now powder coating.
Yeah, but it is my fault for listening. I've always marched to my own tune when it comes to cast bullets and finally have found my peace with it. I keep it simple and displace a lot of dirt in my berms with lead.
Michael

Return to “Case Trimming”