Gun legislation in EU...

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Gun legislation in EU...

Post by Fyodor »

Hey, guys,

You sure heard about the cruel and cowardly terrorists attacks in France.

You might have heard that the EU commission took only five days (!) after that attack, to file a law proposal regarding "gun safety".

This proposal currently keeps us law abiding gun owners in Europe quite busy these days. We try to stopp it or at least lower the scope.

Just let me summarize what they plan to do to us, and be aware that your nat'l bummer and that woman are watching closely what the sheeple are willing to take:

- Banning of "certain semiautomatic firearms, that under no circumstance can be allowed in the hand of civilians".
Note: No reference to "military style rifles", they mean all semi automatic firearms, including handguns.

- Banning of "military style" rifles, including permanently deacticated (!) ones and replicas.
Good bye toy guns.

- Banning guns "with high magazine capacity" or the ability to attach a large capazity magazine
Most probably "high" means "more than two", and it bans ALL guns with removable magazin.

- Put gas/alarm guns, bangers, flare gun, and replicas of guns in category "C" (subject to registration).
That means all toy guns need to be registered, you need a licence to own a starter pistol, ...

- Mandatory medical/psychologigal test in advance to aquire a gun licence
1,000.-€ medical tests to apply for a licence to be allowed to apply for permission to buy a banger gun...

- Limiting all gun licences to a 5 year duration.
Repeat above every five years.

- Create an EU-wide database of all gun owners, guns and their relevant status.
Didn't that work great in Canada?

- Authorizing the EU commission to set new standards "as required".
This is the biggest blast in all of this: The EU commission is a bunch of about 50 non elected individuals, that up to now had the right to propose new laws, that would have been to be accepted by the nearly democtarically elected EU council and the somewhat democratic EU parliament. Now they propose to be allowed to create new laws concerning guns without either of them. This would put a completely undemocratic institution into power to create laws for 400 Mio. people-

- "Good reason" for everything that's left.
There would be no room for any "shall-issue" left.

- Banning "aquisition of guns by means of distance communication" except for dealers and traders.
Means: Individuals are not even allowed to clarify sales details over the phone. Selling guns via internet would be outlawed completely. Basically that means, you could buy a gun only from dealers and when you meet the previous owner in person. That bans all out of town sales for individuals.

Be aware: your nat'l bummer and that lady might try and copy any of these into US laws, if anything passes.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gun legislation in EU...

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, it doesn't take them long, I was wondering about this.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I have no printable response. ........

A New World order. ...... next thing ya know it'll be against the law to be over 50.......
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

@ RBHarter:

Well, we need printable responses to opose the threads, odtherwise it'll all be gone... I already signed the petition, wrote a letter to EU commission and collected addresses of "my" members of the EU parliament.

I guess if they really take away all of our guns, I'll give them to SASS, so they can raffle them to some young US cowboy shooters. But I will not hand in any guns and have them destroyed. Because that's one point I forgott in the list above: All banned guns will be picked up and destroyed, so exempts made, not to sports shooters, hunters or collectors. At least that's the plan.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Steve

Post by Steve »

This kind of talk really makes my blood boil. They can have my guns after they kill me in the shootout that will happen when they come to get them.

Sounds to me like the people in Europe need to have a few more revolutions.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I do gather my composition after a brief time .

I've written so many letters I've worn pens down to open ink tubes run all but dry. Sometimes it must do some good but it feels lost in the shrieks of the left.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

We had a worthless congressman in Iowa that once replied to a letter I wrote to him that urged him to vote against a gun bill.

That clown wrote me back later and said he was glad to tell me that the bill failed and he was with the majority. I checked and found that he did not even vote. I took that as a direct lie to me. People just kept voting him in. He finally retired, but I'll bet he is still up to no good somewhere.

I think hillary belongs in jail. And obama right along with her. Note I edited this to take the cap off her name, I don't want to show her that much respect!
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

I too wrote to Congressmen in the past. Results are very frustrating. You get an e-mail back thanking you for your e-mail, and go on their e-mailing list. No answer regarding your concerns. If your Rep is of the opposite party, don't even bother-just don't vote for them.
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Steve wrote:Sounds to me like the people in Europe need to have a few more revolutions.
Won't happen... you'd have to step on the grass, and that is forbidden.

Give people %@*&$ TV and a smartphone, and they're all happy. It isn't them getting bullied, so they don't bother. They don't realize that at some point it will be their turn, and nobody's left to stand with them.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Fyodor wrote: Give people * TV and a smartphone, and they're all happy. It isn't them getting bullied, so they don't bother. They don't realize that at some point it will be their turn, and nobody's left to stand with them.
Sad but true. That is a problem world wide.

Return to “Topic Bucket”