Gun legislation in EU...

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Gun legislation in EU...

Post by DaveInGA »

Fyodor, answer in red in the quote.
Fyodor wrote:Nice story, Dave, and I experienced similar situations. Of course I don't "need" a gun... that's exactly the big flaw in our EU legislation, that we have a strong implementation of the "good reason" nonesense that is not to be questioned. I "want" guns, because of sports, game, and just "because".
Actually, you do NEED a gun, as does every man, for one and one reason only, the rest is just nonsense, as you say. The real reason you and every "average" man on the street needs a gun, an assault rifle type gun is FREEDOM, yours, your family's, your friends and your country's FREEDOM. Nothing and I mean nothing else has any value without freedom. If you can, try to research the Constitution of the United States and the communication documents of the men who wrote it. They explain it better than anyone else I know.

Nobody asks why you need another pair of football shoes, but you can't buy three guns within half a year. On the other hand the number of guns you have is not limited, you just need a "good reason" for each of them. And whenever someone decided that this particular gun can't be used in competition, you loose your right to possess it.
Your rights, including the one to own a gun, were given to you by your maker. No man has the right to take that right away from you.

I've been taking part in the DV programm for a few years now, but the chances for a German to win are about 4% recently. A friend of mine just moved over, he's building a business over there. The US acts much more intelligent about immigration than EU and Germany. Instead of open borders thay pick who they'll allow in. For a young guy like me who doesn't have any special job, it's not that easy.
What aggravates me is a worthy young man like yourself has to go through that process, while groups laden with terrorists or those willing to perform illegal acts comes here all the time and once they get here, receive a lot of government aide (money).

We do need quality people, but the process and method by which they are brought in is ridiculous from Europe. Instead, they favor individuals who often do not contribute to society. Educate yourself and come up with a way. Our government doesn't know it, but we badly need skilled men who can program and operate machine tools such as CNC machinery. My generation and the one before it were the last of the manufacturing generations here. If we're lucky, they'll vote in someone who will bring our manufacturing back here before it is too late. If they manage that, we'll need men who can train the young to manufacture.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

It just dawned on me that the news stated due to the terrorist attack the French are considering letting their off duty police officers carry their weapons. Don't they realize they are admitting that the people having weapons will make it safer in their little part of the world.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Only if you wear these special hats, that make your brain safe against evil thoughts...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Yesterday a Fared something shot up his Christmas party in California . As a state it has the most restrictions on guns in the country. ......work place violence they say .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

RBHarter wrote:Yesterday a Fared something shot up his Christmas party in California . As a state it has the most restrictions on guns in the country. ......work place violence they say .
work place violence My %@*&$, in one respect they are right they were coworkers in another all good muslims must kill infidels and apostates.
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

But......but.....but it's a religion of peace ,they would never.......

Oops ..... my bad got too close to the cool aid....

I believe Al Capone said it best "if they take a corner we'll take a block, they black an eye we'll break a bone ,they break a bone we put 1 in the hospital, they put 1 in the hospital we put 1 in the grave ,they put 1 in a grave we'll put them all to the last cousin in an un marked hole " or something close.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

Any new rumors about EU gun legislation Fyodor?

Steve
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Not only rumors but facts: part of the mentioned proposal have been cast into a "guideline" (basically a EU law, that is valid in all member states without being approved by local governments), and was accepted secretly on Dec 15, becoming valid on April 1st.

Call and ball guns, deactivated guns and gun replicas will be subject to registration and marking. The rules on deactivated guns from the Tommie's have been approved for all of Europe: trigger mechanism needs to be welded in place and completely inoperable. Hammer to be welded in place and inoperable. Breech locking devices (bolt or slide) needs to be stripped of any locking lugs, ground to a max of half original size, firing pin holes welded shut, or be replaced by a solid piece of steel. Bolt/slide may not be removable or replaceable, or welded in place. Barrel to be replaced by solid block, or milled/drilled in diameter equal or larger than bore in at least six places, additionally the chamber is to be blocked by a welded in place piece of hardened steel. Feed ramps to be removed. At least 75% of slide guiding trails need to be removed. Magazines not operable, not removable, may not accept anything that might resemble a bullet, preferred is to remove the magazine completely and click the magazine well by welding it shut.

This are the rules for deactivated "deko" guns. I'm not through with the rules on cap and ball and gun replicas yet.

Any deko gun sold after 1st of April will need to be brought up to date, or is considered live. Keeping a deko gun that is compliant with previous regulations is OK, but they can't be sold.

Words fail me. This was passed secretly, and bypass local democratically elected governments. I guess this is only the beginning, other rules will follow, the European shooters landscape will dramatically change within the next few years. And there's nothing we can do about it. The lobbyists, police officials, everybody started this was not necessary. There rules are put in place by a non elected commission, according their own agenda. They are not elected, not controlled by the people out any other institution, and their "guidelines" become national laws either without the local governments action (!), or forcing them into molding then into local laws.

I wonder how long they will take to build a wall around Europe. They already started that nobody plans to do so.

But history repeats...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

don't comply!

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:don't comply!
No doubt!!!
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”