Gun legislation in EU...

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Gun legislation in EU...

Post by Steve »

Don't comply.... Fight!
Next there will be a guy like Hitler stepping in. Fight, don't let history repeat itself.
I expect obama to try pulling something before he gets out of office.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Do those regulations cover all weapons such as those you use in the Cowboy Action matches?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steve wrote:I expect obama to try pulling something before he gets out of office.
Honestly, I'm pretty much at the point that I wish he would. All this "posturing" by all the thieves of freedom, I wish they would finally develop a sack that actually contains some balls and go with what they believe it. Let's end it now. I'm not scared of them or their agenda. Quit talking about it, grow some balls, and jump. Let's get this %@*&$ over with.
Michael
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Steve wrote:I expect obama to try pulling something before he gets out of office.
Honestly, I'm pretty much at the point that I wish he would. All this "posturing" by all the thieves of freedom, I wish they would finally develop a sack that actually contains some balls and go with what they believe it. Let's end it now. I'm not scared of them or their agenda. Quit talking about it, grow some balls, and jump. Let's get this %@*&$ over with.

exactly ... I'm not scared or afraid of isis, al queda, liberals, the boogey man, my own shadow, etc .... I'm %@*&$ off! I reached that "age" a long time ago.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Steve wrote:Do those regulations cover all weapons such as those you use in the Cowboy Action matches?
These regulations cover deko guns, which are deactivated real firearms. They plan to impose those rules on replica guns andi, which are items that resemble guns but never actually have been a gun, like toy guns. They plan to make deko and replica guns subject to registration and licencing. As far as I can see, the recent package did EU-wide put cap and ball guns under the rules that have been in place in Germany before (which were the strictest in EU), and put deko guns under the rules that were in place in England (which is madman's land regarding gun rules, except shotguns, which they don't really consider guns).

Next on the list will be semi auto rifles with military heritage. Current rules state that those guns must not be convertible to full auto, and barrel and bolt must be made for a commercial contract. It's planned to ban these rifles outright. The key phrase is "which resemble fully automatic guns". This is a very soft statement which does pick up optical properties of the gun only, and can be judged as strict as you please.

Unfortunately not complying isn't as easy as you might think. Apart from air guns and single shot muzzleloaders everything already is subject to registration and licencing. The authorities already have the right to come to your place and check if you store your guns according the law and if all of them are there. This is " voluntarily ", but not complying will cause your licence to possess guns to be revoked.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Fyodor wrote:
Steve wrote:Do those regulations cover all weapons such as those you use in the Cowboy Action matches?
These regulations cover deko guns, which are deactivated real firearms. They plan to impose those rules on replica guns andi, which are items that resemble guns but never actually have been a gun, like toy guns. They plan to make deko and replica guns subject to registration and licencing. As far as I can see, the recent package did EU-wide put cap and ball guns under the rules that have been in place in Germany before (which were the strictest in EU), and put deko guns under the rules that were in place in England (which is madman's land regarding gun rules, except shotguns, which they don't really consider guns).

Next on the list will be semi auto rifles with military heritage. Current rules state that those guns must not be convertible to full auto, and barrel and bolt must be made for a commercial contract. It's planned to ban these rifles outright. The key phrase is "which resemble fully automatic guns". This is a very soft statement which does pick up optical properties of the gun only, and can be judged as strict as you please.

Unfortunately not complying isn't as easy as you might think. Apart from air guns and single shot muzzleloaders everything already is subject to registration and licencing. The authorities already have the right to come to your place and check if you store your guns according the law and if all of them are there. This is " voluntarily ", but not complying will cause your licence to possess guns to be revoked.

Coming to America Boys and this ain't no movie.
Je suis Charlie
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

could be, but if as many stand up "nationally" the same way a large percentage of those recently (currently) did in NY (un safe act) ....

Isn't it estimated that there are 80-90 million gun owners (having to split a measly 300 million guns) in the US? If it came down to 10% of that number that would make a "will not comply" stand .... heck even half of that 10% (4 million) ..... what a difference it would make. Unless and until there is a Constitutional Convention that meets the requirement of a super majority of state legislatures to vote to repeal the Second Amendment as we know it, there is no obligation to willingly comply with unconstitutional law.

I'll stop here as I know RD has no intention of his discussion boards being used as political sounding boards.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.

Return to “Topic Bucket”