Armed all the time, almost.

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Armed all the time, almost.

Post by Steve »

Poppop wrote:Hi guys
when I go to a mall or a place with large crowds I carry my 9mm with 18 rds plus a 10 rd clip to take on an active shooter. If I am going somewhere locally ,as the supermarket or gas, I just take my 3" "J" Frame.
And after you save a bunch of people that decided they don't need to plan on defending themselves, they sue you for hurting their hearing or some other ridiculous reason. And the bad guys family sue you. My plan is to protect my family, friends, and self.... The rest of them, "I don't know, it will depend on the circumstances." They decided they don't have anything to worry about, I'm not a cop, maybe they should call one.
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Depends on the situation, just as most others have said. Anything from a little 22mag in the pocket to
45ACP ?? 60% of the time, a little 608 hammer less, heavily tweaked 608 357mag with a couple speed strips. & NO, I do not recommend this rig, for a primary SD rig, for ANYONE, unless you are highly"Recoil Tolerant" & can, & will spend the thousands of full house rounds down range to gain the proficiency needed, rest of the time,
9mm & 45ACP 2 extra mags for each, & that's just to get us to our rifles & shotguns, Thats where the serious party begins!!!& I pray to the man upstairs everyday, to Never let it happen!!!
Last edited by larryw on 14 Jan 2016 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
larryw

Post by larryw »

Michael??????? Help?????????
Steve

Post by Steve »

All good stuff. We are ready.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

larryw wrote:Depends on the situation, just as most others have said. Anything from a little 22mag in the pocket to
45ACP ?? 60% of the time, a little 608 hammer less, heavily tweaked 608 357mag with a couple speed strips. & NO, I do not recommend this rig, for a primary SD rig, for ANYONE, unless you are
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"Recoil Tolerant" & can, & will spend the thousands of full house rounds down range to gain the proficiency needed, rest of the time,
9mm & 45ACP 2 extra mags for each, & that's just to get us to our rifles & shotguns, Thats where the serious party begins!!!& I pray to the man upstairs everyday, to Never let it happen!!!
Was wondering what the hidden content was so I quoted your post. Not sure the "hidden" is working correctly.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

larryw wrote:Michael??????? Help?????????
62chevy wrote:Was wondering what the hidden content was so I quoted your post. Not sure the "hidden" is working correctly.
Actually, the forum and "Hidden Content" is working correctly. Larry, you must have accidently clicked on the "H" when you were working on your post. The word "highly" has been highlighted by the "Hidden" commands. It can be removed by deleting the bracketed code on each side of the word "highly. Anytime you see anything weird in your post, hit the topic button and see what it is.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
While on the subject, guests can only see the first post within a topic. So if you logged out to see what the "hidden" content looks like, you couldn't see the above in that it is not the first post.

There are only two types of limits that the forum imposes on members; the first being the word censor. Curse words are replaced. This is in place because I don't impose the COPPA registration requirements. That is certifying that if someone is under 13 years of age that they have their parents permission to participate. It is easier and makes it a nicer place if we don't swear or post naked pictures. The only other posting restriction is for new users with less than 5 posts. When you post a BST ad, it needs to be approved.

Now me, I carry a weapon or have one within arm's reach all the time.
Michael
larryw

Post by larryw »

Thanks Michael...
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

I remember when I only owned a couple firearms and those were strictly for hunting. I would have thought you were crazy if you told me there was any sort of threat to the safety of Americans in America.

Then I remember owning some firearms for "just in case" scenarios that likely would not happen, but could. Again, the firearms were stored away just like the hunting ones when not in use.

Now I buy firearms both to protect the home, the family and the community, if any of these are threatened. I also buy firearms to protect the Constitution. If called upon, I will use those firearms and protect all the things I swore to when I was a young man entering the service of this great nation.

I will give up all that I own, including and up to my own life, to do so. I feel I can do no less than those men who formed this country. Because everything that I am, is because of the sacrifices they made and the choices they made. I would be nothing but a slave, were it not for them. So it will not be on my watch, as long as I am able, that it can be said there are no men left who will defend what Ronald Reagan called "the shining city on the hill."

Yes, my Dad was a WWII Marine.
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

This is what HOPE and CHANGE has given us
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
Steve