frustration, stuck at home

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: frustration, stuck at home

Post by DaveInGA »

I looked for the Zastavas and couldn't find them. Are they currently importing them?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DaveInGA wrote:I looked for the Zastavas and couldn't find them. Are they currently importing them?
I think a lot of new guns are out of stock this time of year but with the Shot Show coming to a close, retail inventory should start flowing again. I bought mine through Wholesale Hunter as they had the best price and I've purchased through them before. You might call them and ask them.

The bluing on these rifle is very deep, the metal work is very nice. The stock is preped well but it is like it really wasn't finished. I stained it with Birchwood Casey's Walnut Stain and applied the Tru-Oil, it looks like a million bucks and shoots very well.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Ranch Dog wrote:
DaveInGA wrote:I looked for the Zastavas and couldn't find them. Are they currently importing them?
I think a lot of new guns are out of stock this time of year but with the Shot Show coming to a close, retail inventory should start flowing again. I bought mine through Wholesale Hunter as they had the best price and I've purchased through them before. You might call them and ask them.

The bluing on these rifle is very deep, the metal work is very nice. The stock is preped well but it is like it really wasn't finished. I stained it with Birchwood Casey's Walnut Stain and applied the Tru-Oil, it looks like a million bucks and shoots very well.
OH, I remember these from when they were in before. They and the CZ's are very similar, with the CZ's being a bit pricier, but I'm not sure there's any difference in finish beween the two. I do notice the prices in that listing are pretty low, like they've been out of stock a good while.

That said, I like guns I can do the final fish and finish on. That's a quick easy job for me. But I have scrapers, sandpaper, files, etc in my garage waiting for use.

Do you know the twist and bore on that rifle? The CZ I'm looking at as a .311 bore and 1:9 Twist. It's designed to accept the cheap commie ammo, which I have a bunch of as I no longer have an AK, just a couple of Simonovs.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Ranch Dog wrote:A Pedersoli 86/71 Boarbuster chambered in 444 Marlin. Those two rifles would take care of what I need.
RD, I don't know if things have changed, but here's a long discussion on the .45-70 version of the Pedersoli I read. It was a bit on the old side, but still new enough for me to cut and paste it here for you to read. Not sure if it applies to the caliber you're looking at, but still:

https://www.shootersforum.com/big-bore- ... stion.html

I'm hoping you've got better information or newer information reflecting Pedersoli has the situation cleaned up. I am so tired of dealing with the liberal attacks on our firearms, making good guns like the Winchesters into crapola trying to appease the clowns.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I remember that topic, I'm a Shooters Forum member and used to be a moderator there when Marshall owned it. I also know two fellows that own the 86/71 in 45-70 Govt and they are perfect rifles. They would never part with them. I've never known anyone that has the Boarbuster but I would love to have one. Would have to stop messing with all the cheaper stuff though.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Are the Pedersolis more expensive than the made in USA stuff?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DaveInGA wrote:Are the Pedersolis more expensive than the made in USA stuff?
Here you go: http://www.cherrys.com/ped_cart.htm
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Ranch Dog wrote:
DaveInGA wrote:Are the Pedersolis more expensive than the made in USA stuff?
Here you go: http://www.cherrys.com/ped_cart.htm
Holy Moly, them thangs are expensive. Please tell me what makes them worth more than the Marlins and Winchesters? Not trying to be smart alecky, I really want to know. I do know they are very, very pretty guns and if my shoulder could stand it, I'd want one in .45-70. I don't understand the 3 round plug they have. But I do want to know what makes them worth that premium price. Of course, if I got the rifle, I'd have to move back to Oklahoma and buy Great Grandpa's ole farm back. Nothing worth much more than a 30-30 around here.

I see a rifle I like right down the page, that Sharps 1874 .22 Hornet Caliber Light. Only $1380.00 plus S&H and weighs a mere 7.72lbs. If they could get the weight down around 6, I'd be interested. Way more steel there than is needed for the cartridge I think.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DaveInGA wrote:Holy Moly, them thangs are expensive. Please tell me what makes them worth more than the Marlins and Winchesters?
Craftsmanship. Something that a run of the mill Marlin or Winchester does not have applied to it.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Holy Crap! Check out this Marlin 444T. I have a 1972 444T and I just don't see it being a $1,300 rifle even if it is NIB. Here is mine.

The original 444 and "T" are great rifles, not in that price league though, as they used a "lifter" on the carrier that got the long cartridge up and level prior to it sliding into the chamber. Really smooth rifles. They sold for $125. The US Inflation Calculator puts the $125 at $479.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”