Trying to due my part

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Trying to due my part

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:Term limits on people and and all laws would be nice. And every 8 years fire all government workers with no rehiring.
I don't have a problem with government employees having a career within their field. I view that like the military and in that respect I think we need individuals that are driven to serve. Wages should be on appropriate for the profession and these jobs should be involved in the same schemes that civilians are obligated to participate in for life & health insurance and retirement.

Cruz had me the moment he talked of abolishing the IRS. There is 89,500 people that are off my & your payroll immediately, a group of people that I have absolutely no compassion for. In fact, this is a group that should be banned from further government service.
Fyodor wrote:I had an idea about how to pay the members of parliament, but unfortunately that will never happen: Pay them ten times the average of what they payed taxes for within the last five years. We would very fast get rid of all that hot air balloons who never actually did anything for the people.
You sure you don't want to walk across that River? There will be a red Dodge 2500 flying a Texas flag waiting on you!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

On Tuesday night my wife and I watched Trumps "address". I feel sorry for her as with any politician I sit there with my running commentary and she has to put up with it. Usually my comments are humorous one liners of me trying to get her to laugh as she is pretty serious about politics. Rather than Trump, my focus was on Christie as he really looked like he had been hit by a poisoned dart. Then I decided he was trying to blink out some kind of distress code but I realized that he was just pondering his future. He trashed his Presidential hopes with his badgering attack on Rubio (I haven't quite figured out why him as everyone is trashing everyone else) and I think he just realized that he had toasted any other political future at that very moment. From there he must have been caught up in thoughts on trying to break into the waste management business in NJ.

While cruzing the forum this morning, she sent me the following from her IPad. I had to stop and wipe the coffee from my laptop screen as I tend to get serious stuff from her.
what_the_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

LOL wish I could send that to my wife but her email is dead for now not that she looked at much anyways.

RD I will let you keep the worker bees but the bosses have got to go. Those people are screwing up American as bad as Congresses failure to act.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:RD I will let you keep the worker bees but the bosses have got to go. Those people are screwing up American as bad as Congresses failure to act.
Yeap, I can see that point. They are the ones that perpetuate the inefficiencies.

I guess Romney is going to speak in a little bit, I'm doing my mind exercises to get my one liners flowing for my wife. Actually I think I will sit it out, not to her disappointment, and do some work out in the pasture on the tractor. I need to start casting some more bullets.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:
62chevy wrote:RD I will let you keep the worker bees but the bosses have got to go. Those people are screwing up American as bad as Congresses failure to act.
Yeap, I can see that point. They are the ones that perpetuate the inefficiencies.

I guess Romney is going to speak in a little bit, I'm doing my mind exercises to get my one liners flowing for my wife. Actually I think I will sit it out, not to her disappointment, and do some work out in the pasture on the tractor. I need to start casting some more bullets.

LOL that is what I do after all the Wife will tell all the nitty gritty details later.
Je suis Charlie
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

I learned today Colorado is not going to hold a primary. Good for them. I think we need more time to evaluate the candidates before the convention and see who might be the best qualified. Too bad some have already tossed their hat into the ring IMMHO.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Old Scribe wrote:I learned today Colorado is not going to hold a primary. Good for them. I think we need more time to evaluate the candidates before the convention and see who might be the best qualified. Too bad some have already tossed their hat into the ring IMMHO.
I was wondering about you along with your neighbor to the north.
Michael
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Old Scribe wrote:I learned today Colorado is not going to hold a primary. Good for them. I think we need more time to evaluate the candidates before the convention and see who might be the best qualified. Too bad some have already tossed their hat into the ring IMMHO.
I was wondering about you along with your neighbor to the north.
Some of us on the "left coast" have a little common sense...sometimes...maybe............

:roll:
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Trumps numbers are elevated by Dems that declared Rep so they could nearly ensure a Dem prez.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Trumps numbers are elevated by Dems that declared Rep so they could nearly ensure a Dem prez.
+1
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”