RD's Retirement Flight

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: RD's Retirement Flight

Post by daboone »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Even if it was a bit late, that's a great retirement video clip to share - nice flying, RD!

I meant to dig into the "search" zone here and discover who is active/retired or former military pilots of any type on this forum (or your Rossi forum) -

I was just a volunteer VA State Guard for three years, but my mom's brothers were AF. Uncle Bob was a photorecon tech on RB-29's, RB-50's in Korea. Uncle Jim was a B-47 bomber pilot '57-'62, then later piloted MAT aircraft during VN such as the C-130.
Another uncle was an F-105 Thud pilot, later transitioned to the early F-16's. Neat stuff!

As a kid, I remember watching B-52's taking off near one of the air bases in the Tidewater area of VA when we were on summer break. Can't remember exactly where that was - Dad was ex-army, so he'd take advantage of the post pass and we would camp or sleep over on various military bases like Fort Story or maybe Fort Eustis.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

A fully loaded Buff at full mil power on take off is a site that can't be forgotten particularly when thy had to old smokey engines. The Buff left Dayton and Wright-Patt a lot of years back, but they aren't forgotten.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Dan 444
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Dan 444 »

Those Buff's could put a lotta hurtin' on things. It takes 32 F4G's to deliver the payload of one Buff. The NVA and VC had a dread fear of 'em....

Dan

Return to “Topic Bucket”