Manual for Grandson

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Manual for Grandson

Post by Steve »

Unfortunately I can't get my Grandson to put in the time to learn how I load my ammunition. So I have made a manual with pictures and text explaining my techniques. Someday when he realizes what ammo cost and that he will have to load his own this manual along with the Lee Loadmaster manual will get him going without too much problem. He can develop his own technique from that point.

This is a picture of the cover. This manual was a lot of work and is very different procedures than most people use, but they work for me. Definitely not a manual for a new user to use to set up a different Loadmaster, this manual uses all the DIY mods that I have done. Far too much to put in here. It is to make getting into reloading as simple as possible with this modified press for my Grandson. Maybe my Daughter too. They can change what they want.
ManualPg1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Manual for Grandson

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is a great idea!
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

That is a great idea and will be a future project. So far my grandsons are all about helping me reload for about 30 minutes. I even get them to do some case prep and sorting brass for about 30 minutes. :roll: Whatever we are loading I let them make a "test cartridge" (no primer or powder) that they can take home with them with the reminder not to take it to school.

Watching my dad reload and then under his watchful eye was how I began long, long ago when it was OK to take "bullets" to school.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Yea I like this
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Rmelchiori

Post by Rmelchiori »

I'm not your grandson, but I'd be interested reviewing anyone's tricks of the trade with the Loadmaster. Care to share it?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Rmelchiori wrote:I'm not your grandson, but I'd be interested reviewing anyone's tricks of the trade with the Loadmaster. Care to share it?
I created it in Microsoft Word so the file with pictures is humongous and my technique is all around not priming on the press, so most people would find the info useless.
jloader

Post by jloader »

In Word you could save as and select PDF - that will make it much smaller and not editable for others. Just makes a copy so your original Word document stays intact.
Steve

Post by Steve »

jloader wrote:In Word you could save as and select PDF - that will make it much smaller and not editable for others. Just makes a copy so your original Word document stays intact.
Tried that but it didn't work. Could be because the office package I'm running is Office 97, I was surprised when I found it will even run with Windows 10.

I will take a copy to the library when I get healed up and give it a try there. They have all the latest software. If it works and RD oks it we could post it.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Just install "freePDF", which is a "printer" that creates PDFs. Instead of "safe as PDF", which often isn't available in older software, you "print" your document, and choose the PDF-printer instead of your regular printer.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fyodor wrote:Just install "freePDF", which is a "printer" that creates PDFs. Instead of "safe as PDF", which often isn't available in older software, you "print" your document, and choose the PDF-printer instead of your regular printer.
It won't load on mine.

Return to “Topic Bucket”