What is Frog Lube?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

What is Frog Lube?

Post by daboone »

What is Frog Lube? It looks like it's just Coconut Oil with a smell good added. See this post: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... here-first

There so much hype and forum talk about all the different "new miracle" lube and gun cleaners that this information was refreshing. I'll stick to my Eds Red and Mobil 1 (or just plain old cheap 30wt)and not be intimidated by all the advertisements and hysteria.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: What is Frog Lube?

Post by RBHarter »

I'm not one to get caught up in the hype of something new .... which probably explains why I have 2 glass Hopes jars and another quart on the shelf next to the Singer and 3 in 1 cans ,STP is a mainstay as well. I was just about to break down and try a little Frog Lube .

It's funny I did get caught up in the dry lube craze in the 90s . Graphite was a super lube and when teflon came as a dry film I had to have some .......ppffftt ..... that all lasted about 2 weekends of duck season . The Teflon balled up and got gummy and was about as slick as the granite blow sand I was trying to keep out of the youth model M-500 and my BPS . The graphite was a little better but the wet day took care of that as well . Any real or imagined slickness was gone . So a WD40 bath for the actions and some Singer oil restored proper function.

Graphite did pay off in 1 place . That place was the powder coating that had gotten into the inside of the bbl and had resisted every effort to get it off in the youth M-500 ,it was forest camo . It filled in the lumps and gravel road effects and the steel loads were a little faster as the season wore on . That bbl sure looked slick and shiny on the inside , but at the end of the clean up and storage prep it all got cleaned out and the over spray fuzz remained.....

The old stand bys sure don't lie , cover up or cheat, they just do what the do .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Good stuff guys !!! My Dad gave me a can of Hope's #9 oil so I read the back of the can and it sounded familiar like 3-n-1 oil can so I read that and darned if was not almost word for word. Yup saving money using 3-n-1.
Je suis Charlie
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Frog lube is huge on rim fire forums. I have also heard it goes bad in time to me that's a deal breaker I need my lube good now and in 30 years if I make it that long lol. Maybe I'm mixing it up with another lube. I'm sure it was frog lube though.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

It costs too much. Try clipper oil.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

I have used Frog Lube for a while now. I find it is hard to beat on the slides on my semi autos. Lat's just my opinion, ymmv.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Never seen it. Have heard about it though. I'm still pretty much using the same "stuff" I've used for the past 50 years for cleaning and lubing my rifles and handguns. It still seems to work. But I am sure that a lot of the newer products on the market do an excellent job as well. I may come out of the past and try some new(er) type copper removers though. Maybe some of those "power blaster" types for cleaning actions. Might be an easier process. When ever I go into a sporting store I do look at all the new cleaners, lubes, miracle products, but really don't know much about any of them. +zzz
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Action blasters are generally a high priced cleaner that non chlorinated break cleaner can do. So save some cash and get that instead. For copper I like 7.62 solvent though. I like it never really compared it to others so not much I can say to it in comparison.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Topic Bucket”