OK I'll Bite

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

OK I'll Bite

Post by Rooster59 »

Just a few photos of the bench just after it was moved in and assembled. Since that time it has acquired quite a bit more decoration that might be considered "stuff" by another name.
IMG_1476.JPG
A little close up of the shelves used to store my collection of presses, turret sets, etc.
IMG_1474.JPG
And of course one "action photo" of my pride and joy Marlin 1895CB which has since lost the Williams FP receiver sight and acquired an MVA Sharps Vernier tang sight.
IMG_1477.JPG
At the moment I should be cleaning off the bench instead of banging on the laptop keyboard. It currently is holding a box of front sights in an effort to fit up a new Williams 5D backup sight on a Marlin 30-30 Texan with a scout scope, a 1930's vintage Remington 511 Scoremaster that needs it's new sear fitted into the trigger group, a bunch of spent cartridges in 30-30, 35 Rem, and 45-70 from last Friday's range trip that need dumped into the tumbler, and a MEC Sizemaster that needs to be unbolted and slid back into it's parking area. Looks like it will be a long night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: OK I'll Bite

Post by Ranch Dog »

I hope the night wasn't too long! Nice, clean setup!
Michael
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

Not too long. I ditched the Rem job in lieu of finishing a friend's Western Field 30-30 circa 1980 or so. Seems it came from the factory without the detent plunger in the carrier arm. When he inherited it cartridges wouldn't feed from the tube. No one ever took it to the smith to check it out. Just used it as a single shot! I was certain because there wasn't a mark on the carrier including in the groove for the plunger.

I installed a carrier assembly, tuned and polished it a bit and it is now a repeater as designed. Amazing no one ever took the time to have it checked..

Not sure the best way to peen the link rivet in the sear to trigger linkage on the old Rem 511. Maybe I should post some pics in another thread.

Everything got finished and stowed away. Now for some reloading. Think I'll start with the 35 Rem brass in my new quick trim for my wife's Marlin.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I like your shelf devoted to the various presses. That's a good idea that I may just try myself.
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

Maximumbob54 wrote:I like your shelf devoted to the various presses. That's a good idea that I may just try myself.
Note the 1x2 on the back wall. I had to use that to slip the plates under so they wouldn't topple off the shelf. The key to keeping them from vibrating of the shelf is making the mounting plates tight between the shelf and 1x2. And the bench should be heavy and stiff for little to no vibration.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I saw the 1x2 in the back. I already do something a little similar but bought small clamps at the flea market to clamp them down. But I like your shelf better than mine.
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

I had half a dozen ideas how to solve that issue but I had a 1x2 handy so.........

Sometimes being lazy and cheap helps one make a decision. 8-)
Fullthrottle
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Fullthrottle »

Nice set up! I like it, simple, tidy and very effective.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

New challenges this week. The quick trim and four trim dies along with the new square auto prime have no place to call their own.

Something's gotta give. :(

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”