What Firearms Spark Your Interest Lately?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: What Firearms Spark Your Interest Lately?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steve wrote:I like that rifle RD. If you start getting tight on gun storage room I'll be glad to store and keep it limbered up for you.
Thanks Steve, I will keep that in mind!
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Just walked away from a Savage Scout in .308 and it was so hard to walk away. Really hard. Super hard.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Today we had a training session on the range, and my club mate made me jealous with his two new Schofields... they should be mine :)
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Missionary
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
How about a 338-06. Have a 375 Whelen and numerous 06's and decided there was a big gap in there and .338 is right in the middle. Located a Shelen barrel 26" in 338 Federal for large ring Mauser. So next time up north it will get mounted on the Mark X and chambered 338-06.
Mike in Peru
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

I just crossed one off my list from the very first post on this topic! Traded a Ruger SR40 into a beautiful Savage 24 O/U in 22Mag over 20 gauge. Just in time for squirrel season! Trigger is the heaviest I've ever seen but their known for that.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Way to go and it looks real nice!
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

I just ordered a cz scorpion should have it Monday then add a few extras for some range fun. I now need to increase my 9mm output production. Single stage not Gonna feed it enough. Before anyone says why that gun I cannot afford an mp5 this is a close substitute. Time will tell if I like or hate it but I have all kinds of parts coming soon for it so I'm excited. That us a pretty gun now I'm wanting a coach gun.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I have a love/hate thing with all things AR related. They may have no soul but they are the Lego of rifles. With minimal tools you can build one from the parts and be at the range the same day. But they are just so... icky... But I found a really good sale on a .300 BLK upper that included the bolt, carrier, and charging handle, all parts melonite finished, and delivered it wasn't much over $300 sent to my door so I suckered into more black rifle stuff.

My interest is all the crazy things it seems can be done with the cartridge. From 110gr to 245gr, it looks like there is a load to do just about anything. I can load a 125gr bullet and mimic a 7.62x39 and I can load a cast 245gr for dirt cheap plinking. The heavies are able to be loaded super slow subsonic for suppressed shooting but I've not gone that route yet. All I know is it's an interesting cartridge that previously I had dismissed as a silly idea and now I'm fascinated by the possibilities. And shoehorning it into an AR package that's easy to modify to suite one's needs just makes it easier. But I confess that no matter what it will still look like yet another AR... (sigh)
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Nice find for 300 melonite finish I fell in love with since I've carried my g26 coated in it on metal slide and I love how it still looks good after all these years. .300 bo cartridge very versatile cartridge. keep us posted to your results. I love all things that shoot and learn from others along the path.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Nice Savage Cyrus. I was shocked recently when I saw what those were going for! And none anywhere CLOSE to the shape yours is in! I remember when they would almost pay you to take them!

My current whimsy list is more around reloading for and getting a bunch of my recent acquisitions to shoot cast bullets well, especially for hunting (Mike can attest to this, from the pm I just sent him!!!).

I just got a cpl I have wanted for awhile. Remington Mdl 14 (circa 1928-1932) in 35 Rem (SWEET!) and a WIn 94 pre-64 in 32 WS. Initially intended on jst nice shooter 94 in 30-30, but this one showed up with $ in my pocket. It HAS been reblued and restocked, but perfect blue job AND a $300-$400 piece of wood on it - all for little more than that! Couldn't pass either of these up.

Have a Glenfield 30 in 30-30 in the safe I rescued ($50 rust bucket!) and waiting to send it to JES to rebore to 38-55!

Bucket list items (IF I had cash/cold afford them!) would be as follows: Winchester 1895 (pref 405 Win), Marlin 1894 in 44, Schofield in 44 Russian, Ruger SS in 32 H&R Mag, a Shiloh Sharps!, Springfield Trapdoor and some form of an original Remington Rolling Block with case hardening. AND none of them would see anything but cast bullets!

Return to “Topic Bucket”