Air fried? You bet your brass!

Hand decappers, chamfer/deburr tool, primer pocket tool.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Air fried? You bet your brass!

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

First a disclaimer. Guys please do not put lead containing brass in your wife's favorite air fryer. Both you and your brass will be in trouble. The airfryer I used was retired and fell out of favor to a Ninja foodi which is a lot more versatile for cooking and was just taking up cabinet space.

This may take two posts to get the pics in. Simply explained after ultrasonic cleaning in a Hornady 1.2 liter ultrasonic cleaner which took three Cycles the brass was towel-dried inspected and placed into my old Air fryer. Some air fryers have a dehydration setting mine does not but it has a warming setting with a default temperature of 155 degree Fahrenheit with time control from 0 to 24 hours. I don't know anyone who would ever want to eat food that have been kept warm for 24 hours but that's what it is. After placing the brass in the airfryer I set the timer for 1 hour. Frankly I think it would have probably been fine to take it out in 30 to 40 minutes. At 155 degrees Fahrenheit cool down afterwards is just a couple of minutes.

You will be able to see from the pics that 100 pieces a 38 special fit easily in one layer. If needed I could have put a layer underneath and a layer over the top with additional pans and would easily hold I'm guessing 400 38 special cases. . I was completely satisfied with the results.

I now have more room in my kitchen cabinet and the air fryer has found a place in my reloading area to store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Air fried? You bet your brass!

Part 2.
On edit as a side note I use distilled water Dawn and lemi shine and the ultrasonic and I warmed up the solution first a little bit in the microwave just to make sure it was deoxygenated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Just a few more pics of the air fryer
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

My cleaner solution is hot water, citric acid and Mean Green in the ultrasonic cleaner. The same mixture does a great job on rust. I have read, but not tried, that the same solution in a pot brought to boil also works. I may give it a try with some scrap cases from the range.

Return to “All Other Tools”