Talk to me about bullet feeders

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
weaselfire
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Talk to me about bullet feeders

Post by weaselfire »

As a new owner of a Loadmaster, I'm already looking at accessories. :)

Looking to get a bullet feeder for 9mm Luger/9x19 loading (to start). Confused by some of the options, and wondering what bullet feeder to buy.

Using 9mm Hornady, .355 inch caliber, .55 inch length. Looks like I need the bullet feeder for .365 bullets to .60 length, correct?

Now if I need to change caliber/bullet size, I just need the feed die and fingers for the new size, correct? And the four tube adapter fits all of them?

Thanks,

Jeff
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Talk to me about bullet feeders

Post by Ranch Dog »

weaselfire wrote:As a new owner of a Loadmaster, I'm already looking at accessories. :)
It becomes a obsession... to see how automated you can make it ;)
weaselfire wrote:Using 9mm Hornady, .355 inch caliber, .55 inch length. Looks like I need the bullet feeder for .365 bullets to .60 length, correct?
Yes, the 90894 kit.
weaselfire wrote:Now if I need to change caliber/bullet size, I just need the feed die and fingers for the new size, correct? And the four tube adapter fits all of them?
If you change anything, even different bullets within the range of the kit, you will probably need to adjust something.

I would suggest that you get a couple of spare Fingers (#BF3415) because soon or later in the setup you will probably crush them and once they are smashed the function of the feeder stops.

The bullet feeder was an addition I really wanted to add to all three of my LMs. I only shoot cast bullets and because of the lube on the bullets I had a continuous set of issues with them at some point; whether it be to one another in the tubes or to the assembly itself. I tried a couple of different treatments such as corn starch and mica but that only seemed to gum things up worse. Ahhh... but for a bullet feeder...

This video shows what I will try next!

[youtube][/youtube]
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I will never own a LM but love the redneck engineering. The 50 cal. case was classic.
Je suis Charlie
gunoil

Post by gunoil »

i have mrbulletfeeder.biz

Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

You might also want to try that mod:

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/foru ... sc&start=0

It prevents bullet drops, when there was no case.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Progressive”