USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

The little red box that started it all!
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

Post by Green Frog »

orerancher wrote:
Green Frog wrote:Yeah, I’m no rookie to this... I bought my first Lee Loaders about 40 years ago and have modern dies for 32-20 as well as a 310 set (including steel handles) and even an old Winchester tong tool. Do I need a 32-20 Lee Loader? No, but I want one! :mrgreen:

Probably my favorite currently owned set is a Unitized Tool in 32-40, with my 32 S&W set I got recently in close competition. But the things I like to shoot make me want Lee sets if practical and available. :?

BTW, if I could find a 32-20 Unitized Loader with the red plastic primer tool, that would be my ultimate desire... does it even exist? I do have a nice little 410 X 2 1/2” Lee Loader, Unitized 38-55 set as well as some other oddities to trade. 8-)

Froggie
What would You Take for the 410 Loader?
I’ve gone on Christmas Holiday Hiatus buying and selling long distance... I’ve got one item that’s been “In Transit” since the 25th of November (according to the USPS “Tracking” website) and a couple of others with similar if shorter status. Send me a PM about the second week in January if still interested.

Froggie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: HAND LOADERS

Post by GasGuzzler »

Green Frog wrote:I’ve got one item that’s been “In Transit” since the 25th of November
Me too ... :x
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Green Frog wrote:I’ve got one item that’s been “In Transit” since the 25th of November
Me too ... :x
Me three
, A little single cavity Lyman, sent to me about the middle of Nov, receipt with tracking ## lost???????
I'll wait for about a week after Christmas then I either need have a mold, or my $$,, otherwise, time for a drive ??
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

It took 9 days for a package from Midway to traverse Mo and wander into the mailbox . I could have made a day trip and picked it up at the counter .

The week before a guy in Wisconsin sent sent a box and I was caught off guard by it being in the box in 4 days .

Sent from Ga on 11/27 arrived yesterday .

3 other packages arrived in 3 days from Washington , Montana and Minnesota .
All of these were in the priority FRB except the Midway package including the one from Ga . So they all should have been delivered in 4 days outside , 5 if like my little burg the sender were out via a satellite PO with a single drop/pick per day .

Seems like west to east runs like the jet set and east to west is done in Conistoga wagons .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

How bout' from St. Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California in 10 days...Pony Express... :D Course just letters and newspaper mostly, not packages of any size (only one horse power). Never heard of course how long it took to get said parcels TO St. Joseph from their originating points to make the journey.... ;)
Does kinda' put things in perspective though huh?

EDIT: Pony Express ran from April 1860 until late 1861....also, traffic wasn't to bad then....so..... :roll:
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

The horses only ran about 5-10 miles at a time and rider only 4-5 horses at a time . Mostly orphan riders with no family . It ran basically what is now US 50 , in Nevada "The loneliest highway in America" . I've driven most of it . I lack Wichita to just east of the Mo border and I guess about the last stretch from Springfield to the river in St Louis . I can tell you while Nevada got the tag there's a whole lot of nothing along it across Utah , Colorado and most of Kansas .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

I got an email from USPS that the package (containing a Christmas Ornament) has made it from Cicero, Illinois to Elk Garden, Illinois from November 25th until today. Maybe I should plan on having an Easter Tree?? Of course I have another package that’s taken 5 days to go from Southern Md to the DC Distribution Center in only 5 days. The Post Office is indeed in a sad state these days. :(

Froggie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Grapevine is where this one started...50 miles to the south and east of me. I am in Gainesville. Notice the route this one has taken and also realize it was ordered online 11-28. It started closer than where it turned around and it's been in my town twice (once at the PO and once traveling north on I-35 in route to OKC) but hasn't been delivered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Re: USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

Post by GasGuzzler »

I split these posts off the hand loader topic because they will be important to look back on but were off topic.

Check out the tracking on the broken press parts I sent Lee Precision on 11-25. Tracking sure is great on this one. Simply says it's late. We know that! Doesn't even say where they lost it.

Tonerboy1

Re: USPS Shipping Woes Christmas 2020

Post by Tonerboy1 »

I laughed when I saw this topic. I can totally relate. I just deleted my 2 page rant that I was going to post, I Feel Your Pain.

Return to “Lee Loader®”