by Guinearun » 14 Feb 2020 23
The problem I found was 9mm bounce on the plastic feed plate and rock forward under the press body. If the case you are sizing in the operation requires any force at all, you crush the next case that rocked forward a16th and damaged the plastic feed plate. Now you have a dimpled feed plate that causes every case to rock forward.
I discussed this with a lee technician, they are top notch in my opinion because they called me. I called Natchez who also will back their customers to ask if this was a common problem? At the time they had not sold many to accumulate the answer. I was unlucky, to have received a bullet feed poorly finished causing issues on both sides of the press. Which I built a sanding tool to length for that issue. No big deal just average troubleshooting for old guys! Lol
Now you couldn’t give me gray, orange, yellow,green or blue for my BLP. My Son ,Wife, Daughter and I can go to a meet shoot all we like and we only have to spend a hour or two loading 1k to replace. Great lee press .